It is Specter & Shade Publishing and Eliza Lainn’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you or which
We will only collect and use your Personal Data where:
- we have lawful grounds to do so, including to comply with our legal obligations;
- we are performing a contract with you for our services; and
- we have legitimate interests in using your Personal Data and
your interests and fundamental rights do not override those
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”), I, Eliza Lainn, am the “data controller”. If you have any questions about this policy or about how we use your Personal Data,
please contact us via our contact details at the end of this policy.
1.Personal Data we collect via our website, verbally and from membership forms.
Personal Data that you provide to us
We only collect Personal Data where you choose to interact with us on the Website in the following ways:
When you sign-up to:
- Receive updates
- Free books
Types of Personal Data Collected:
- Email addresses
- Any personal data which you provide to us
Data that we collect automatically
We automatically collect certain information when you visit our website–such as the type of browser and operating system you are using, and the domain name of your Internet service provider. We do not link this information with any personal data.
2. Use of your Personal Data
We will only use your Personal Data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we use your Personal Data to:
- process and manage your use of our services;
- process and respond to your applications;
- respond to your questions, comments and requests;
- where you have opted-in to receive marketing from us, deliver communications that are relevant to your preferences/may be of interest to you;
- improve our services and Website through analysis of information.
3. Sharing of your Personal Data
We take your privacy seriously and will not share your Personal Data with others, except as permitted by applicable law or as set out below:
We share Personal Data as necessary with third parties who provide services or functions on our behalf and who require the information to provide those specific services to us. These third parties may include social media advertising platforms. Please note that we have appropriate data privacy safeguards in place with third parties with whom we share Personal Data as described above and who are providing services or functions on our behalf.
4. Keeping your Personal Data secure
We have implemented security policies and technical measure to safeguard the Personal Data we collect. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable law, including the GDPR, to safeguard Personal Data from accidental loss, destruction or damage and unauthorized access, use, and disclosure.
5. Retention periods for use of your Personal Data
Personal Data which is no longer necessary.
We do not retain data of anyone under known to us as the age of 16.
7. Access to and control over your Personal Data
You have legal rights under applicable law in relation to your Personal Data. You can ask the following questions, or take the following actions, at any time by contacting us via email firstname.lastname@example.org:
- see what Personal Data we hold about you (if any), including why we are holding it an who it could be disclosed to;
- ask us to change/correct your Personal Data;
- ask us to delete your Personal Data;
- object to the processing of your Personal Data;
- ask us to restrict the processing of your Personal Data;
- withdraw any consents you have given to us the processing of your Personal Data; and
- express any concerns you have about third parties’ use of your Personal Data.
8. Change of purpose
We will only use your Personal Data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to have an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
9. International transfers of your Personal Data
No data is passed to organizations outside the US
10. Contact Us
Our full details are:
Specter & Shade Publishing
Email for privacy questions: email@example.com